Christian Eriksen will be back with Inter next week to undertake a series of health tests, according to a recent report.
The Denmark international collapsed on the pitch during his nation’s opener with Finland on June 12 after suffering a cardiac arrest.
The 29-year-old has since been fitted with a defibrillator (ICD) but medical professionals still need to ensure he is healthy enough to play in the upcoming campaign with the Milan side.
Such examinations will commence next week with Inter, according to Sky Sports’ Sky Italia.
But even if the results are positive, it’s thought that Eriksen is unlikely to be back on the pitch for another six months at least.
Messages for Eriksen
Following the collapse, Eriksen provided everyone with an update about his welfare.
“Big thanks for your sweet and amazing greetings and messages from all around the world. It means a lot to me and my family,” Eriksen wrote in a message that was shared by the Danish soccer association.
“I’m fine – under the circumstances,” he added.
“I still have to go through some examinations at the hospital, but I feel okay. Now, I will cheer on the boys on the Denmark team in the next matches. Play for all of Denmark.”
Countless messages of support has been sent to Eriksen across social message since his health event.
Even footballers, such as Romelu Lukaku, expressed their supporter for the midfielder.
Denmark coach Kasper Hjulmand said last month that the support for the player showed that “football is the biggest social phenomenon in the world.”
“It’s the one thing that can unite most people in the world,” Hjulmand said at a news conference.
“It brings friendship across nations, race, gender, everything. Football is one big family. … And we see this with all this recognition we get from people all over the world.”
Featured image: Getty