Erling Haaland has expressed his surprise at the figures being touted for his potential transfer away from Borussia Dortmund.
Over the course of the last few years we’ve all watched in amazement as the young Norwegian vaulted himself into relevancy on the world stage. The 21-year-old is one of the most exciting strikers of his generation and when looking ahead to the future, it’s hard to picture a scenario in which he isn’t a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.
Will he stay or will he go?
Haaland has enjoyed a strong tenure with German giants Borussia Dortmund that has seen his stock rise even higher than it was previously. Of course, with that growing reputation comes a certain expectation, with the masses tipping him to move on to pastures new in this or the next summer transfer window.
With rumours flying around regarding Chelsea paying a huge sum to acquire his services, Haaland gave his own thoughts on the matter during a recent interview.
“I don’t really have much to say about this,” Haaland said. “I have three years left on my contract and I’m enjoying my time here [at Dortmund].
“Before yesterday, I didn’t speak to my agent in one month – I think you have the answer there.
“I don’t really care too much about that. It’s a lot of money – I hope it’s just rumours to be honest because that’s a lot of money for a person!”
The number in question is said to be around £150 million, an amount that would really signal the intent of Chelsea as they attempt to win the Premier League and successfully retain their European crown.
Blues fans will optimistically be hoping to see Haaland line up for them at Stamford Bridge when they begin their new league campaign against Crystal Palace on August 14.
Featured image credit: Getty