The Premier League has confirmed the identity of the nine goals that have been nominated for the Premier League Goal of the Season award for 2020/21.
Much like the Player of the Season award, which was also announced today, fans can vote for their preferred winner.
The voting – which can be accessed via the Premier League website – closes on Thursday June 3, before the winner is then announced later in the week.
Who are the nominees?
Nominees include Erik Lamela’s stunning rabona finish against Arsenal, and Edinson Cavani’s 40-yard lob over Fulham ‘keeper Alphonse Areola last month.
Manuel Lanzini’s long range pearler, which rescued a point for West Ham in a 3-3 draw against Tottenham, has also been nominated.
Lanzini is one of three Hammers representatives on the list. Sebastien Haller and Jesse Lingard are included for their strikes against Crystal Palace and Wolves respectively.
Liverpool‘s Mohamed Salah is nominated for the goal he scored against West Ham in January, in which he finished off a superb counter attack.
Bruno Fernandes‘s long distance curling effort against Everton is also on the shortlist. Goals from James Maddison and Ola Aina are also available to vote for.
Maddison placed his effort into the top corner from over 25 yards out against Manchester City, whilst Aina also found the top corner with his powerfully struck effort against West Brom.
Premier League Goal of the Season nominees in full
- James Maddison (Leicester City v Manchester City, September 27)
- Manuel Lanzini (West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur, October 18)
- Ola Aina (Fulham v West Bromwich Albion, November 2)
- Sebastien Haller (West Ham United v Crystal Palace, December 16)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool v West Ham United, January 31)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United v Everton, February 6)
- Erik Lamela (Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal, March 14)
- Jesse Lingard (West Ham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers, April 5)
- Edinson Cavani (Manchester United v Fulham, May 18)
Featured Image Credit: Getty