What Fury and Hearn have said about Wilder’s latest court ruling

Tyson Fury and Eddie Hearn have both reacted to the news that Deontay Wilder may be next in line to fight Fury after all.

Earlier this week it was announced that a US court of arbitration had ruled in favour of Fury having to fight Wilder for a third time due to a clause in their previous contract. ‘The Gypsy King’ battled to a draw against ‘The Bronze Bomber’ in their first bout before outclassing and stopping him in their rematch last year.

Fury & Hearn voice their frustrations

The expectation since then has been that Fury would go on to meet Anthony Joshua in their long-awaited superfight.

However, after a date and location of August 14 in Saudi Arabia was seemingly confirmed, the breaking news threw a huge spanner into the works.

Fury was quick to respond to the latest development on Instagram by insisting they wouldn’t be paying Wilder the large sum he’d need to step aside.

“What a joke Deontay Wilder has become, asked for $20 million to move over. Joker. I’m on the inside fighting, smashing stuff up, & my next opponent is getting smashed to bits!” Fury said.

In a recent interview, Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn also spoke out on the situation.

YouTube video

“I have been focusing on plan A [Joshua vs Fury]. We hope that fight can still take place. The game changed last night so we have to have a plan B in place and a plan C,” Hearn said.

“One that springs to mind is the WBO mandatory with Oleksandr Usyk. They have been patient and we are in a situation if team Fury doesn’t get its act together by the end of the week we have no alternative.”

If the ruling stands and Fury vs Wilder 3 is booked, the fight will need to take place by September 15.

Featured image credit: Getty