Mike Tyson confirms date and location for second comeback fight

Mike Tyson has revealed that he will take part in his second comeback fight in Miami on May 29.

The latest episode of his podcast ‘Hotboxin’ saw the 54-year-old welcome special guest Canelo Alvarez.

And during his interview with the current super-middleweight champion, Tyson revealed the date and location of his own upcoming fight – although didn’t give anything else away.

He said: “May 29, something like that. The same arena you fought in.”

Tyson returned to the ring last year for the first time since 2005 when he fought Roy Jones Jr. in an exhibition fight on November 28.

The pair fought to a draw, although Tyson had the upper hand for large parts of the bout.

And ‘Iron Mike’ received plenty of plaudits from across the fighting community, including from UFC president Dana White.

Speaking after the fight, White said (via Metro): “Fighting is a young man’s game.

“All that being said, [Tyson] looked f****** awesome tonight!

“I was blown away with how good he looked.

“It was actually a good fight. It was an entertaining fight to watch, and I thought he looked really good.”

Who could Tyson’s opponent be?

Tyson is yet to reveal who he will fight on May 29, but his latest announcement will surely send the rumour mill into overdrive.

One potential option is former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield. The former heavyweight champion faced off against Tyson twice during his career, winning on both occasions.

Back in February, it was reported that the pair were in talks over a potential £200m trilogy fight.

Last July, ‘Iron Mike’ was called out by former two-time heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe.

At the time, the 52-year-old was planning a comeback to the sport, having not fought since 2008.

No doubt we’ll hear plenty more detail about Tyson’s next fight revelation in the coming weeks.

Featured Image Credit: Getty