In another instance of things we didn’t really need, but are now really glad exist, we present football shirts inspired by some of the world’s most recognised beer brands.
Not too long ago, we saw a similar thing for the UK’s biggest supermarkets, which produced equally as entertaining results.
Accompanying each design is a short explanation of the thinking behind the aesthetics. Each shirt is the brainchild of Twitter user and designer, Jack Goodwin.
The Stella shirt is a particular standout for us.
8. @SanMiguel_UK— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– A football kit, made better. Classy branding see’s white and gold with a subtle watermark within the tops stitching. One the Spanish will be proud of! (& Filipino of course) pic.twitter.com/gSTNwlbpxD
10. @BrewDog— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– The Punk IPA Edition. Edgy, away from the norm and very much eye catching – this BrewDog kit is a winner, crafted by the finest independent manufacturer – It may become one of the most sought after kits on the market. pic.twitter.com/0cAh76IGLm
12. @carling— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– Made in Burton-on-Trent, of course there’s a subtle nod to the town on the kit. On the inside of the first 1000 sold you will find an exclusive black label, signed by @willcarling. pic.twitter.com/YlOzUcyfDW
16. @strongbowuk— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– Refreshing by 100% natural materials, the Strongbow home kit synonymous with the cans themselves. Rumours suggest there will be a limited edition Dark Fruit edition released this Winter. pic.twitter.com/021h3zMgEU
18. @EstrellaDammUK— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– The Barcelona beer’s kit has a Spanish feel to it, the Estrella star splashed across the collar with smooth red throughout. A classy effort, ironically anything but messy. pic.twitter.com/H5y3vWIpcb
20. @MorettiBeer— Jack (@JackAGoodwin) November 26, 2020
– Gorgeous cream coloured affair from the Italian brewery. L’authentica branding across, this one is as cool as the Italians themselves. (comes with free breadsticks). pic.twitter.com/0uh9nrOZFz
Which is your favourite? The San Miguel and Amstel ones come close, but we can’t see past the lovely Stella Artois number.
Featured image credit Getty