MMA returns to the O2 Arena once more this weekend. Here is everything you need to know for UFC London 2022, including the start time, where to watch, and the full event card.
As with every visit to British soil, organisers have given the card a distinctively English flavour. Overall, nine UK MMA artists have a fight on Saturday night, with four of those in the main event.
Unfortunately, Darren Till is missing this UFC Fight Night due to a knee injury. Chris Curtis will step up in his place as a result, taking on Jack Hermansson. Despite this, there are plenty of Brits to cheer on at UFC London.
Headlining the event is Tom Aspinall; the Salford fighter faces a tough test against #4 ranked heavyweight Curtis Blaydes in the grand finale of the night. A sixth win in a row may even put Aspinall close to a title shot.
Meanwhile, Liverpool will be well represented on the main card. Molly McCann will look to repeat her feat of taking victory on home soil, just like she did at the last UFC event in London. To do so, she has to beat fellow flyweight, Hannah Goldy.
Similarly, crowd-favourite Paddy “The Baddy” Pimblett makes his much-hyped return to the Octagon on Saturday night. This time around, he faces Jordan Leavitt of the United States Pimblett showed his readiness to put on a show at the weigh-in on Friday, mooning the media after making weight.
Finally, British light heavyweight Paul Craig opens up the main event with a battle against #9 ranked Volkan Oezdemir. It should be a truly unmissable night of MMA action, featuring some great characters from the UFC circus.
So, with this in mind, here is the start time and other details for UFC London 2022.
What time does UFC London 2022 start?
Thankfully, unlike other events held across the Atlantic, UFC London 2022 has a much more UK-friendly start time. Prelims start at 5pm, with the main event set to begin at 8pm on Saturday 23 July.
Therefore, fans in Europe do not have to stay up all night long to catch all the action this weekend. It certainly makes for a nice change, doesn’t it?
Where can I watch it?
As ever, to watch this service, you need a subscription. BT currently offers a monthly pass, which costs £25 a month and can be cancelled anytime.
For BT TV users, this is channel number 408 (HD is 430). On Sky, BT Sport 1 HD is channel 413, and for Virgin Media, it is channel 527.
However, you do not have to watch this exclusively via TV. A number of devices can stream the event via the BT Sport app. Tablets, smartphones, and Amazon Fire sticks are all able to provide a live stream of the action.
Furthermore, if you miss the event whilst it is live, you can use the BT Sport app to watch a complete re-run of UFC London after it has finished.
In addition, you can watch the prelims from 5pm on UFC Fight Pass. This currently costs £6.99 for a monthly subscription or £71.99 for an annual pass.
UFC London 2022: Full fight card
- Curtis Blaydes vs Tom Aspinall (Heavyweight bout)
- Jack Hermansson vs Chris Curtis (Middleweight bout)
- Paddy Pimblett vs Jordan Leavitt (Lightweight bout)
- Nikita Krylov vs Alexander Gustafsson (Light heavyweight bout)
- Molly McCann vs Hannah Goldy (Women’s flyweight bout)
- Paul Craig vs Volkan Oezdemir (Light heavyweight bout)
- Mason Jones vs Ludovit Klein (Lightweight bout)
- Marc Diakiese vs Damir Hadzovic (Lightweight bout)
- Nathaniel Wood vs Charles Rosa (Featherweight bout)
- Makwan Amirkhani vs Jonathan Pearce (Featherweight bout)
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Charles Johnson (Flyweight bout)
- Jai Herbert vs Kyle Nelson (Lightweight bout)
- Mandy Bohm vs Victoria Leonardo (Women’s flyweight bout)
- Claudio Silva vs Nicolas Dalby (Welterweight bout)
Featured Image Credit: Getty