EA Sports have revealed the final set of nominees for FIFA 22 Team of the Year (TOTY), with fans now knowing which defenders and goalkeepers they can vote for.
On Friday, the attacking nominees were announced. Star players included Kylian Mbappe, Mohamed Salah and Lionel Messi.
The following day, EA revealed the midfielders that fans can vote for. They include Luka Modric, Kevin De Bruyne and Jorginho.
Now, it is time for the players that will put everything on the line to stop a team from conceding goals – the defenders and goalkeeper.
Amongst the defensive nominees is Manchester City centre-back Ruben Dias. The Portuguese defender was named the Premier League Player of the Season for 2020/21.
Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is also amongst the nominees. The 28-year-old has been a crucial part of Thomas Tuchel’s setup at the Blues and helped his side to win the Champions League last season.
In addition, fans can vote for exciting full-back duo Alphonso Davies and Theo Hernandez. Davies has continued to establish himself as one of the world’s leading left-sided players at Bayern Munich over the last 12 months. Hernandez, meanwhile, has improved hugely at AC Milan.
When it comes to goalkeeping nominees, Gianluigi Donnarumma is one of the seven stoppers fans can vote for. Last summer, he saved two penalties in the Euro 2020 final shootout against England as Italy won the tournament.
Also nominated is Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy. The Senegal international recorded 29 clean sheets in 2021. Only two other stoppers – including fellow nominee Thibaut Courtois – had more.
Here is the complete list of defender and goalkeeper nominees for Team of the Year on FIFA 22:
FIFA 22 Team of the Year – defender nominees
- David Alaba (Real Madrid)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
- Leonardo Bonucci (Piemonte Calcio/Juventus)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Piemonte Calcio/Juventus)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
- Christian Gunter (SC Freiburg)
- Achraf Hakimi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Theo Hernandez (AC Milan)
- Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund)
- Jesus Navas (Sevilla)
- Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
- Jordi Alba (FC Barcelona)
- Simon Kjaer (AC Milan)
- Jules Kounde (Sevilla)
- Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Reinildo (LOSC Lille)
- Cristian Romero (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea)
- Luke Shaw (Manchester United)
- Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan)
- Leonardo Spinazzola (AS Roma)
- Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United)
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
FIFA 22 Team of the Year – goalkeeper nominees
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Ederson (Manchester City)
- Mike Maignan (AC Milan)
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa)
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
Fans will be able to select and share their starting XI for the 2021 Team of The Year during the voting period which begins on Monday, January 10th, 2022 at 04:00pm GMT / 8:00 AM PST and runs until January 18, 2022 at 07:59am GMT / January 17, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST.
Featured Image Credit: EA SPORTS